Course Title: Advantages and Best Practice of LED Cove and Perimeter Lighting
AIATEMPO101 $mdash; 1.0 AIA CES Learning Unit (HSW)
Power density restrictions frequently competed with and undermined a quality lighting design, with cove and perimeter lighting often falling victim. The increased availability, energy efficiency, and performance of LED luminaires have now prioritized overall lighting design objectives once again. We will review the benefits of illuminating the ceiling and vertical surfaces, further outline the benefits of LED linear technology and provide tips for specifying cove and wall grazing luminaires. Finally, we will review the latest evolution of LED optimized linear cove products.
- Understand the value of illuminating the ceiling and vertical surfaces to achieve a quality lighting environment.
- Understand the benefits that LED linear lighting provides over legacy sources.
- Explore tips and recommendations for specifying linear luminaires to achieve the desired result.
- Identify common applications best suited to cove and perimeter lighting.
- Explore the latest generation of linear cove technology
Presenter Bio: Shawna Spaziani is the Southern Territory Regional Sales Manager for Tempo Lighting, a 34-year-old cove and cinema lighting manufacturer that creates configurable and micro-maintainable indirect lighting solutions for hospitality, retail, and multi-use entertainment venues. Before joining the Tempo Lighting team, Shawna worked with Walt Disney Imagineering and developed her career in the specification lighting industry with Louis Poulsen, Beghelli, and Tivoli. Their lists of clients include Tanger Outlets, Disney, Houston’s, Regal, Coca-Cola, and Hilton brand hotels. Shawna holds a Bachelors of Science in Mechanical Engineering and a Masters of Business Administration from the University of Florida.